Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lynch@lscorp.com (Richard Lynch)
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
List pgsql-general
At 4:51 PM 6/4/98, Bruce Tong wrote:

>The docs say in a paragraph of text use "createuser" to create a new
>postgres user. Questions which came to my mind, and which I have
>mostly resolved all had to do with finding what is a good convention
>for creating these users and what types of access require a user? Does a
>person connecting via MS Access need to be a user. Can multiple people
>share and is that a good idea? Is it a good idea to use the same name as
>the login name, or is there a reason to use another name? Oddly enough,
>the single most time consuming thing to figure out was that there was an
>account on my system called "postgres" which had to be used to issue the
>command.

That paragraph confused me 'cuz I didn't know it was a unix prompt command
versus and sql query versus a psql monitor command...

Perhaps some consistent way of labeling WHERE a command was issued would
also be good.

-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@lscorp.com